Barbecue Chicken Marinade
Here is a great formula for a tasty barbecue chicken dish that uses a sherry and dry vermouth marinade. Try to use a sherry suitable for drinking when making the dish -- it'll add a lot of flavor to the finished product. You can use the recipe as a sauce or even to baste if you like. Always be careful with bastes -- this one contains vegetable oil, which is flammable.
- 1 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Medium onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
Combine all ingredients, and marinate the chicken for about three hours before grilling. Grill the chicken until it is cooked through and serve.