Vitamin B3 Deficiency
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
As pellagra progress, skin exposed to the sunlight can become red and irritated.
Vitamin B3 supplements are taken for a number of conditions, but the treatment is risky -- niacin supplements should not be taken unless you're under the supervision of a health care professional. Keep reading to learn more about Vitamin B3 supplements.
Niacin is just one of the many essential nutrients necessary for good health. Follow these links to learn more about the vitamins your body needs.
- Vitamin B12, also called cyanocobalamin or cobalamin, is essential because it assists folate in making DNA and RNA. Read more in How Vitamin B12 Works.
- Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is good for more than just easing the common cold. Learn more in How Vitamin C Works.
- Vitamin D is necessary to hold of rickets, but if you get enough sunshine, your body can make its own vitamin D supply. Learn more in How Vitamin D Works.
- In How Vitamin E Works, learn about this important antioxidant with far-reaching health benefits.
- Vitamin K is important in allowing your blood to clot properly. Learn more in How Vitamin K Works.
- To learn about the many vitamins in our diet, how much you should be eating, and where to find them, go to our general Vitamins page.
- To find the best prices on B vitamin supplements, click here.