Use a Mouth Rinse
Now that you've done everything else on the list to make your mouth truly kissable, there's one last, quick refresher. In addition to brushing and flossing, your dentist may recommend an American Dental Association-approved therapeutic mouth rinse. Such rinses have been judged to be safe for consumers and effective for specific uses, such as controlling gingivitis, delivering fluoride and controlling bad breath.
Cosmetic mouth rinses are also available. They may mask breath odor but do not address the source of the problem, nor do they affect the teeth or gums. For an effective solution closer to home, mix ordinary saltwater (1 teaspoon salt to 1 cup warm water) to remove plaque and kill odor-causing bacteria.
Good oral hygiene isn't terribly time-consuming; it requires a few minutes a few times a day. This small investment can result in a healthy, dazzling, kissable mouth.
More Great Links
- Anxiety, Dental. American Dental Association. (June 23, 2010)http://www.ada.org/3102.aspx?currentTab=1
- Bad Breath (Halitosis). American Dental Association. (June 23, 2010)https://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/dementia/dementia5.htm
- Fluoridation Facts. American Dental Association. (June 23, 2010)http://www.ada.org/sections/professionalResources/pdfs/fluoridation_facts.pdf
- Marikar, Shelia. "Behind Jessica Simpson's Sinful Smile." ABC News/Entertainment. April 30, 2010. (June 23, 2010) http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jessica-simpsons-bad-brushing-habits-kill-career /story?id=10513455
- Meth Mouth. American Dental Association. (June 23, 2010)http://www.ada.org/2711.aspx?currentTab=2
- Mouth Rinses. American Dental Association. (June 23, 2010)http://www.ada.org/1319.aspx
- Sonius, Chelsea. "Feline Oral Health." Zimmer Foundation. Fall 2008. (June 23, 2010)http://zimmer-foundation.org/sch/csa.html
- Want Some Life-Saving Advice? American Dental Hygienists' Association. (June 23, 2010) http://www.adha.org/downloads/women_smoking.pdf
- You Have the Power. American Dental Association. (June 23, 2010)http://www.ada.org/sections/publicResources/pdfs/lifetime_module03_power.pdf
What in the world do you wipe with when you're totally out of toilet paper? You can try one of these alternatives.