Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Natural Sleep Aids
- Alternative Treatment for Dogs
- How does Acupressure Work?
- Natural Allergy Treatments
- How Menopause Works
- How Health Insurance Works
More Great Links
- Sharecare.com: Alternative Therapies Q&As
- Acupuncture Today
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- The American Academy of Veterinary Acupuncture
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Acosta, Kim. "Got Migraines? Try This Treatment." Shape, June 2006, pg. 99.
- Acupuncture. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Acupuncture.asp
- Acupuncture: An Alternative and Complementary Medicine Resource Guide. Alternative Medicine Foundation, Inc. http://www.amfoundation.org/acupuncture.htm
- Acupuncture Basics. Psychology Today. http://psychologytoday.com/mind-body/acupuncture_overview.html
- Acupuncture in Cancer Treatment. American Academy of Medical Acupuncture. http://www.medicalacupunture.org/acu_info/articles/cancertreatment.html
- "Acupuncture may Ease Overactive Bladder." http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/108/109010.htm
- Acupuncture. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/acupuncture/ Acupuncture: Sharp Answers to Pointed Questions. Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/acupuncture/SA00086
- Altshul, Sara. "Incontinence: Finally, Relief That Works." Prevention, December 2005, pg. 33.
- Betts, Debra - "The Essential Guide to Acupuncture in Pregnancy & Childbirth" http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Acupuncture-Pregnancy-Childbirth/dp/0951054694/ref=sr_1_15/104-3640844-7349533?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181436847&sr=8-15.
- Cheng, Xinnong (Editor) - Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion. http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Acupuncture-Moxibustion-Xinnong-Cheng/dp/7119017586/ref=sr_1_13/104-3640844-7349533?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181436847&sr=8-13
- "Doctor, What's This Acupuncture All About?" American Academy of Medical Acupuncture. http://www.medicalacupuncture.org/acu_info/articles/
- Frequently Asked Questions About Acupuncture. American Academy of Medical Acupuncture. http://www.medicalacupuncture.org/acu_info/faqs.html
- Hecker, Hans-Ulrich , M.D. -- "Color Atlas of Acupuncture: Body Points - Ear Points - Trigger Points" http://www.amazon.com/Color-Atlas-Acupuncture-Points-trigger/dp/1588905594/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7/104-3640844-7349533?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181436847&sr=8-7
- Hicks, Angela -- "The Acupuncture Handbook: How Acupuncture Works and How It Can Help You." http://www.amazon.com/Acupuncture-Handbook-How-Works-Help/dp/0749924721/ref=sr_1_17/104-3640844-7349533?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181437009&sr=8-17
- Markey, Sean. "Animal Acupuncture: More Pets Get the Point." National Geographic News, November 25, 2002. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/11/
- McGinnis, Marianne. "IVF: A Little Needling Helps." Prevention, September 2006, pgs. 157-158.
- Motluk, Alison. "Does Acupuncture Help Headaches?" O: The Oprah Magazine, January 2006, pg. 80.
- An Overview of Medical Acupuncture. American Academy of Medical Acupuncture. http://www.medicalacupuncture.org/acu_info/articles/helmsarticle.html
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Guide. WebMD. http://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/guide/arthritis-acupuncture.
- Tang, Jin-Ling, Si-Yan Zhan, and Edzard Ernst. "Review of Randomised Controlled Trials of Traditional Chinese Medicine." British Medical Journal 1999;319:160-161.
- The Theories Behind the Logic of Clinical Point Selection. Acupuncture.com. http://www.acupuncture.com/education/theory/ptselection.htm
- Vickers, A., et al. "Acupuncture." Quality and Safety in Health Care 2002;11:92-97