Set an Example
What better way to show a great example of health to your children than by being proactive with your own teeth? Brushing and flossing your teeth alongside your kids will reinforce good habits to them, and following up on their oral care is a great reminder to keep up with your own. Teaching them to properly care for their mouth sets the foundation for a lifetime of healthy teeth.
- American Academy of Periodontology. "Protecting Children's Oral Health." (Oct. 28, 2011) http://www.perio.org/consumer/children.htm
- American Dental Association (ADA). "Floss and Other Interdental Cleaners." (Oct. 22, 2011) http://www.ada.org/1318.aspx
- American Dental Association (ADA). "Floss." (Nov 3, 2011) http://www.ada.org/5625.aspx?currentTab=1#floss
- Delta Dental. "Facts about flossing." (Oct. 22, 2011) http://www.deltadentalins.com/oral_health/flossing3.html
- Delta Dental. "The other half of cleaning teeth: Flossing finishes the job that brushing can't do alone." (Nov. 3, 2011) http://www.deltadentalil.com/Flossing_Finishes_the_Job_20060920
- Freeman, David. "Flossing Teeth for Dummies: No More Excuses!" WedMD. (Oct. 27, 2011) http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/healthy-teeth-10/flossing-floss-sticks?page=1
- Kids Health. "Your Teeth." (Oct. 27, 2011) http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/teeth.html
- Newby-Clark, Ian. "Five Things You Need to Know About Effective Habit Change." Zen Habits. (Oct. 24, 2011) http://zenhabits.net/2007/11/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-effective-habit-change/
- Oral B. "History of Dental Floss." (Oct. 28, 2011) http://www.oralb.com/topics/history-of-dental-floss.aspx
- Oral B. "Products for Babies and Kids." (Oct. 24, 2011) http://www.oralb.com/products/oral-b-babies-kids.aspx
- South Dakota Department of Health. "Brushing and Flossing Chart." (Oct. 21, 2011) http://www.doh.sd.gov/oralHealth/PDF/BrushChart.pdf
- WebMD. "Basic Dental Care - Infants and Children." (Oct. 27, 2011) http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tc/basic-dental-care-infants-and-children
- WebMD. "Dental Health and Your Child's Teeth." (Oct. 28, 2011) http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/dental-health-your-childs-teeth
HowStuffWorks looks at how children use toothpaste and why it matters.