Review the following "Questions To Ask" about women's general health so you're prepared to discuss this important health issue with your health care professional.
1. Do you specialize in (whatever disease you're having treated)?
2. What are the risks and benefits of the treatment you suggest?
3. What sort of screening do you recommend for me?
4. What can I do to stay healthy?
5. Is it OK to start exercising at middle age or is it too late?
6. I take multiple medications from my different health care professionals and I'm having trouble keeping track of them. What do you recommend?
7. When should I have a mammogram?
8. What are my risk factors for getting cancer?
9. How often should I come for a checkup?
10. What can I do to prevent osteoporosis?
Copyright 2003 National Women's Health Resource Center Inc. (NWHRC)