Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- An interview with Dr. Desiree Thomas, Neurologist at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic in Houston.
- An interview with Dr. Kevin Sperber, Assistant Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City.
- An interview with Dr. Marcia Whalen, D.O., Physician for the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
- Guiou, Sheth, Nemoto, Walker, Pouratian, Ba, Toga. "Cortical spreading depression produces long-term disruption of activity-related changes in cerebral blood volume and neurovascular coupling." Journal of Biomedical Optics. 2005. (June 2008) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15847570
- Iadecola, Constantino. "From CSD to Headache: A Long and Winding Road." Nature Medicine. 2002. (June, 2008) http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v8/n2/full/nm0202-110.html
- Lauritzen, Martin. "Pathophysiology of the migraine aura: The spreading depression theory." Brain: A Journal of Neurology. Vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 199-210. 1994. (June 2008) http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/117/1/199
- The Cleveland Clinic. "Hormone Headaches/Menstrual Migraines." 8/30/2006. (June 2008)http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/migraine_headache/hic_hormone_headaches-menstrual_migraines.aspx