Challenges, when endured side-by-side, strengthen relationships. Goals achieved together create great memories -- memories that can be called upon for strength when the going gets tough again. Exercise is a challenge you can face together as you move toward an agreed-upon finish line or target. That link will serve to strengthen not only your muscles, but your ties with your partner [source: Ellis].
Working out together in the morning can set the tone for the whole day. Exercising in the evening can help relax and invigorate you after a long day at work. Either way, it insures that you get some quality time together. And keep this in mind, the bonds formed between you and your partner will last much longer than your time in the gym.
For lots more information about couples and exercise, visit the next page.
- Ellis, Katie M. Standard-Examiner. "Romance on the run: Couples find being healthy together' keeps the spark alive."February 8, 2011. (Mar. 11, 2011).http://www.standard.net/topics/features/2011/02/08/romance-run-couples-find-being-healthy-together-keeps-spark-alive
- Fisher PhD, Maryanne. Psychology Today. "Exercise for Better Sex." February 17, 2011. (Mar. 11, 2011).http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/loves-evolver/201102/exercise-better-sex
- Jayson, Sharon. USA Today. "Married couples who play together stay together." July 6, 2008. (Mar. 11, 2011)http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-07-15-fun-in-marriage_N.htm
- Keefe, Catherine. Chicago Tribune. "Togetherness Helps Couples with Exercise."February 11, 1996. (Mar. 11, 2011)http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-02-11/features/9602110439_1_jogging-or-weight-lifting-physical-fitness-couples
- Mayo Clinic. "Exercise: 7 benefits of regular physical activity." 2011. (Mar. 6, 2011)http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ01676
Breakup boot camps help the brokenhearted to move on with their lives. HowStuffWorks goes inside this trend.