Set the Mood
Some tried-and-true mood enhancers include candlelight, dim lighting, a fire in the fireplace, soft music, rose petals, moonlight, a warm bubble bath and luxurious bedding. Any combination of these can work so long as you select the things you and your sweetie enjoy. Just be prepared to make any necessary accommodations. For example, if one of you is sensitive to strong scents, use unscented candles [source: Rupp]. Or if the other can't stand classical music, go with some old-school R&B. One of the keys of romance is customizing it to your unique needs and desires as a couple.
See the next page for lots more information on dating and romance.
- The Couple Connection. "Domestic Bliss & Household Chores. (Feb. 18, 2010) http://thecoupleconnection.net/articles/housework-domestic-bliss-household-chores
- Holetzky, Sherry. "Planning Romance." Families.com. (Feb. 18, 2010)http://marriage.families.com/blog/planning-romance
- The Knot. "How to Have a Fabulous Staycation." Oct. 18, 2010. (Feb. 18, 2010)http://ideas.thenest.com/love-and-sex-advice/couple-travel-ideas/articles/how-to-have-a-fabulous-staycation.aspx
- Made Man. Mar. 16, 2010. (Feb. 18, 2010)Mousseau, Jessica. "10 Date Night Ideas for Married Couples with Kids." http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-date-night-ideas-married-couples-kids.html
- The Mom Crowd. "30 Ideas for a Date Night at Home." June 22, 2008. (Feb. 18, 2010)http://www.themomcrowd.com/30-ideas-for-a-date-night-at-home
- Rookie Moms. "6 Date Night Ideas that Don't Require a Babysitter." (Feb. 18, 2010)http://www.rookiemoms.com/6-date-night-ideas-that-dont-require-a-babysitter/
- Rupp, Jacqueline. "Romancing the Room." HomeFurnishings.com. (Feb. 18, 2010)http://www.homefurnishings.com/category/discover/holidays-entertaining/article/romancing-the-room
- Votta, Ray. "Top 10 Romantic Songs." AOL Radio Blog. (Feb. 18, 2010)http://www.aolradioblog.com/2010/02/10/top-romantic-songs/
Breakup boot camps help the brokenhearted to move on with their lives. HowStuffWorks goes inside this trend.