Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Nicotine Works
- How Your Lungs Work
- How Heart Attacks and Angina Work
- How Cancer Works
- How Your Brain Works
- How Caffeine Works
- How Marijuana Works
- How Smoke Detectors Work
- 6 Refreshing Tips To Cure Bad Breath
- Are tobacco companies increasing the nicotine content in cigarettes?
- What does the filter on a cigarette do?
- What happens when pregnant women smoke?
- Smoking In-Depth
More Great Links
- "Quitting Smoking Is Contagious." Medical New Today. May 23, 2008. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/108499.php
- "Smoking Causes Nearly 5 Million Deaths Annually Worldwide." Harvard University. September, 12, 2003. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/archives/2003 releases/press09122003.html
- "Smoking cessation is contagious, researchers say." stltoday.com. July 14, 2008. http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/lifestyle/stories.nsf/healthfitness/story/E498C007A4E6AA6586257483006B062F?OpenDocument
- "Smoking Is Addictive, But Quitting Is Contagious." Science Daily. May 22, 2008. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080521171823.htm
- "Study: Friends help friends kick the habit." Associated Press. May 21, 2008. http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/05/21/quitting.smoking.ap/index.html
- Christakis, Nicholas A. M.D and Fowler, James H. Ph.D. "The Collective Dynamics of Smoking in a Large Social Network." New England Journal of Medicine. May 22, 2008. http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/358/21/2249
- Park, Alice. "Quitting Smoking Is Contagious." Time Magazine. May 21, 2008. http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1808446,00.html