Apply the advice given here, and any other words of wisdom, as it agrees with your inner and outer being. Take hairstyles, for instance. If you really like the way you look with a certain hairstyle, go for it -- but keep it clean and trim. You'll take care of and take pride in a look that you're happy with. And your date will notice. In contrast, spending time and money and struggling with a style you don't like will only stress you out. And dating can be stressful enough.
By the same token, following a trend is fine if it makes you look and feel on top of your game. Maybe those cardigans that look so good on David Beckham look great on you, too. Buy one or two (in colors that suit your skin tones, of course). But jumping onto every fad bandwagon will leave you with a closet full of outdated clothes and an empty wallet.
Likewise, follow advice as it fits your personality and values. If you've vowed that nothing that comes from a laboratory will touch your skin, then lather up with lavender-coconut milk soap. Don't let anyone tell you it's not manly.
That's the picture of confidence. And that's the best look of all.
More Great Links
- American Dental Association. "Bad Breath (Halitosis) Overview." (Sept. 30, 2010)http://www.ada.org/2941.aspx?currentTab=1
- Brannon, Heather. "What Soap Does to Your Skin." March 2, 2008 (Sept. 27, 2010)http://dermatology.about.com/od/skincareproducts/a/cleanser_damage.htm
- Clark, Josh. "Is a daily shower too much for your skin?" (Sept. 26, 2010)https://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/daily-shower-tips
- "What's the difference between deodorant and antiperspirant?" (Sept. 27, 2010)https://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-car/underarm-care/tips/deodorant-antiperspirant.htm
- Doheny, Kathleen. "10 Toothbrushing Mistakes." July 20, 2010 (Sept. 24, 2010)http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/healthy-teeth-10/brushing-teeth-mistakes
- "Teeth Whitening Safety Tips." July 9, 2010 (Sept. 24, 2010)http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/healthy-teeth-10/teeth-whitening-safety
- Freeman, David. "Flossing Teeth for Dummies: No More Excuses!" July 20, 2010 (Sept. 24, 2010)http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/healthy-teeth-10/flossing-floss-sticks
- Jaret, Peter. "Men's Skin Care for Your Face." July 21, 2009 (Sept. 26, 2010) http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/advances-skin-care-9/men-shaving-grooming
- "What to buy for a man's nails and hands." July 23, 2009 (Sept. 28, 2010) http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/advances-skin-care-9/men-nails-hands
- Mayo Clinic. "Nails: How to keep your fingernails healthy and strong." Nov. 25, 2009 (Sept. 28, 2010)http://www.mayoclinoc.com/health/nails/WO00020
- TeenIssues.co "Beauty Tips for Boys." (Sept. 24. 2010) http://www.teenissues.co.uk/BeautyTipsForBoys.html
- The Cleveland Clinic. "What Teeth Whitening Options Are Available? April 25, 2003 (Oct. 2, 2010)http://my.clevlandclinic.org/services/cosmetic_dentistry/hic_What_Teeth_Whitening_Options_Are_Available.aspx
- The Soap Shed. (Sept. 25, 2010) http://www.soapshed.com/store/Grease-Monkey-Hand-Soap-for-Mechanics-pr-16296.html
- The Grooming Lounge. "Getting the Greatest Shave Ever." (Sept. 30, 2010) http://www.groominglounge.com/shaving15steps.html
- Waters, Rob, and Tim Fitzgerald. "Skin Care for Men." April 28, 2009 (Sept. 25, 2010) http://www.cvshealthresources.com/topic/skincaremen
HowStuffWorks looks a study which showed 'aspirational online dating' didn't pan out for most people.