Give Yourself a Mini-cure
A manicure may be a mood-elevating treat or preparation for a special occasion. Most of us won't get a manicure every day, but we can give ourselves a mini-cure, or the little things that help keep nails healthy and attractive. For example:
- Don't bite your fingernails.
- Use moisturizer on your nails as well as on your skin. For an extra treat at night, warm a favorite essential oil and give your nails a therapeutic soak.
- Don't cut cuticles, push them back too far or use chemicals on them.
- When cuticles are soft and moist, push them back gently with a soft cloth.
- Buff nails with a soft cloth.
- If nails become discolored, stop using polish for a while.
- The acetone in nail polish remover can damage nails, so use it sparingly.
- Keep your nails clean.
- Prepare your nails and cuticles for grooming by cutting a lemon in half, sticking your fingernails inside and twisting them around to clean them.
- Use a file with a fine texture to shape nails and remove snags.
- File nails to a rounded point to preserve their strength.
Need more ideas to help your hands every day? Read on.