Blemishes are a reality for most people at some point in their lives. But they can be treated and, to some extent, prevented. Follow these tips:
- After your facial-cleansing routine, apply milk of magnesia with a cotton ball or pad to any acne blemishes. Let dry, then rinse off using cool water.
- To treat pimples and discourage blemishes, apply a mixture of calamine lotion and 1 percent phenol (available at a drugstore).
- Apply lemon juice to blackheads using a cotton ball. Leave the juice on overnight. In the morning, rinse your face with cool water. Repeat every night for 1 week.
- For acne outbreaks, apply lemon juice on a cotton pad several times a day to dry up pimples.
- Spread mayonnaise over your face, and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, then follow with a cold water splash. This treatment will help tighten pores.
- Honey speeds healing by killing bacteria. For an overnight blemish remedy, dab honey on the spot and cover with a bandage.
We'll conclude this article by looking at a variety of homemade skin-care aids.