Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- American Heart Association. "Stearic Acid." American Heart Association, Inc. 2010 (April 29, 2010).http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4747
- Baird, Rosamund M. and Sally F. Bloomfield. "Microbial quality assurance in cosmetics, toiletries and non-sterile pharmaceuticals." CRC Press. 1996.
- Bennett, Beverly Lynn and Ray Sammartano. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Living." Penguin Group. 2005.
- Förster, Thomas. "Cosmetic Lipids and the Skin Barrier." Informa Health Care. 2002.
- Goldberg, David J. and Eva M. Herriot. "Secrets of Great Skin: The Definitive Guide to Anti-Aging Skin Care." Innova Publishing. 2005.
- Haskell, G. "Chemicals and Toilet Preparation Industry." Read Books. 2008.
- Kabara, Jon J. and Donald S. Orth. "Preservative-Free and Self-Preserving Cosmetics and Drugs: Principles and Practices." CRC Press. 1997.
- Marino, Christina, MD, MPH. "Skin Physiology, Irritants, Dry Skin and Moisturizers." Washington State Department of Labor and Industries Safety and Health Assessment and Research for Prevention Program. August 2001.http://www.lni.wa.gov/Safety/Research/Dermatitis/files/skin_phys.pdf
- Rawlings, Anthony V. and James J. Leyden. "Skin Moisturization." Informa Health Care. 2009.
- Voelker, Rebecca and Harvard Medical School. "Skin Care and Repair." Harvard Health Publications. 2002.
- Winter, Ruth. "A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients: Complete Information About the Harmful and Desirable Ingredients in Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals, 7th Edition." Random House. 2009.