Is there any health condition stress doesn't make worse? It seems that whenever you seek to improve your health -- no matter what condition you're dealing with -- you're advised to reduce stress. It's no different with dandruff. Medical experts believe that stress may trigger or worsen the condition [source: Mayo Clinic].
As anyone who's ever dealt with stress knows, reducing it is often easier said than done. The tips on doing so, however, are pretty straightforward:
- Work on a positive attitude.
- Improve your time management.
- Set and accept limits in your life.
- Practice breathing and meditation techniques.
- Spend time on hobbies and recreation.
- Engage in regular physical activity.
- Eat a healthier diet, and cut out excessive sugar and caffeine.
- Seek social support from friends, family, support groups, and religious and community groups.
- Talk to your doctor or therapist for more possible stress management strategies.
Dietary changes can not only help you reduce stress in your life, they can also help you prevent dandruff. Keep reading to learn what you should be eating to help maintain a healthy scalp.