Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Your Immune System Works
- Immunizations In-Depth
- What's the difference between bees and wasps?
- How can you train honeybees to sniff for bombs?
- Is honey the same as sugar?
More Great Links
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Allergies from the National Institutes of Health
- Mayo Clinic's Allergy Center
- Cochran, Brittany. "Honey: A sweet relief?" Xavier University. October 23, 2003. http://www.xula.edu/herald/issues/20031023/honey.html
- Foreman, Judy. "Does 'local honey' help prevent allergies?" Boston Globe. June 23, 2008. http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2008/06/23/does_eating_local_honey_help_prevent_allergies/
- Hasselbring, Bobbie. "What antihistamine side effects should I watch for?" Discovery Health. August 2000. http://health.discovery.com/centers/articles/articles.html?chrome=c02&article=LC_56¢er=p01
- Hoecker, Jay, M.D. "Infant botulism: Why is honey a concern?" Mayo Clinic. May 15, 2008. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infant-botulism/HQ00854
- McClellan, Mark B. "RE: FDA's consideration of forcing prescription non-sedating antihistamines over the counter; docket #98P-0610." U.S. Food and Drug Administration. August 1, 2003. http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/03/Aug03/082003/98P-0610_emc-000093.txt
- Ogren, Tom. "Local honey and allergies." Pioneer Thinking. January 26, 2004. http://www.pioneerthinking.com/to_honey.html
- "Allergies: Things you can do to control our symptoms." American Academy of Family Physicians. http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/allergies/basics/083.printerview.html
- "Hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis)." Bupa. August 2007. http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/mosby_factsheets/allergicrhinitis.html
- "Histamine." Davidson College. 2000. http://www.bio.davidson.edu/courses/Immunology/Students/spring2000/lamar/mfirp.htm
- "How do bees make honey?" Lansing State Journal. July 30, 1997. http://www.pa.msu.edu/sciencet/ask_st/073097.html
- "How does immunization work?" UNICEF. http://www.unicef.org/immunization/index_how.html
- "Mold, dust mites, fungi, spores and pollen: bioaerosols in the human environment." June 1995. North Carolina State University. http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/fcs/mold.html
- "Pollination." Missouri Botanical Garden. http://www.mbgnet.net/bioplants/pollination.html