Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Heart Health Quiz
- Heart Health Image Gallery
- Heart Image Gallery
- Top 5 Heart Attack Symptoms that Should Have You Calling 911
- When do most heart attacks occur -- and why?
- What's more likely -- death by an auto accident or death by French fries?
- Is the cure for heart disease one carrot away?
- How Heart Disease Works
- How Your Heart Works
- What determines the rhythm of your heart?
- How does your body make electricity -- and how does it use it?
More Great Links
- "Alcohol Consumption Raises HDL Cholesterol Levels by Increasing the Transport Rate of Apolipoproteins A-I and A-II." Circulation 2000. http://www.circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/102/19/2347
- "Alcohol and Triglycerides." High-Triglycerides.com. http://www.high-triglycerides.com/herbal-remedies/high-triglycerides/alcohol-and-triglycerides
- "Alcohol, Wine and Cardiovascular Disease." American Heart Association. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4422
- "Drink lowers blood pressure risks." BBC NEWS. Jan. 2, 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6203255.stm
- "A little alcohol 'can be healthy.'" BBC NEWS. Jan. 9, 2008. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7177506.stm
- "Moderate Alcohol Good for Feminine Hearts." HeartZine. May 26, 2007. http://www.heartzine.com/575-Moderate-Alcohol-Good-for-Feminine-Hearts.html