Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- About.com's Medical Review Board. "Coenzyme Q10 As a Migraine Preventive -- 61.3% of participants had greater than 50% reduction in number of Migraine days." About.com. June 12, 2006. http://headaches.about.com/cs/prevention/a/coq10_prev.htm
- About.com's Medical Review Board. "Triptans: Overview and Profiles -- December 28, 1992, marked a new era for Migraine and Cluster sufferers." About.com. May 28, 2006. http://headaches.about.com/cs/druginfo/a/triptan_over.htm
- Ajamian, Paul C. "The best way to treat migraines: appropriate treatment depends on frequency, triggers and severity." Review of Optometry. September 15, 2004. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3403/is_200409/ai_n13141060
- American Headache Society. "Types of Headaches." May 7, 2008. http://www.achenet.org/education/patients/TypesofHeadaches.asp
- Bajwa, Zahid H. MD, Wootton, R. Joshua, MDiv, PhD. "Patient information: Headache treatment." UpToDate for Patients. January 8, 2007. http://www.uptodate.com/patients/content/topic.do?topicKey=brainsys/2391
- Brandes, Jan Lewis. "The Migraine Cycle: Patient Burden of Migraine During and Between Migraine Attacks." Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain. March 2008.
- Callenbacha, Petra M.C., Pelsa, Lise P.M., Mulderb, Paul G.H., Linssenc, Wim H.J.P., Gooskensd, Rob H.J.M., van der Zwane, Jan L., Brouwer, Oebele F. " Sumatriptan nasal spray in the acute treatment of migraine in adolescents and children." European Journal of Paediatric Neurology. November 2007. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WF2-4NFXGHH-2&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=599e90ca58334527bea86c48f40bbd9c
- Coleman, Michael John, Burchfield, Miller, Terri. "Migraines: Myth vs. Reality -- An Understanding of Migraine Disease & Tips for Migraine Management." M.A.G.N.U.M.: Migraine Awareness Group: A National Understanding for Migraineurs. http://www.migraines.org/myth/mythreal.htm
- Coleman, Michael John, Burchfield, Miller, Terri. "You are In Good Company!" M.A.G.N.U.M.: Migraine Awareness Group: A National Understanding for Migraineurs. http://www.migraines.org/myth/mythgood.htm
- Diener, Hans-Christoph. "Update on the prophylaxis of migraine." Current Treatment Options in Neurology. January 2008. http://www.springerlink.com/content/vh82222752424162/
- Facco, Enrico, Liguori, Aldo, Petti, Filomena, Zanette, Gastone, Coluzzi, Flaminia, De Nardin, Marco, Mattia, Consalvo. "Traditional Acupuncture in Migraine: A Controlled, Randomized Study." Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain. March 2008.
- Familydoctor.org editorial staff. "What is a cluster headache?" American Academy of Family Physicians. August 2006. http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/brain/disorders/035.html
- Griggs, Chloe, Jensen, Jan. "Effectiveness of acupuncture for migraine: critical literature review." Journal of Advanced Nursing. May 2006.
- Lerman, Debbie. "New Botox wrinkle: helping frequent migraine sufferers?" Clinical Psychiatry News. January 2006. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb4345/is_200601/ai_n18812979
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "CT scan." Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. January 12, 2008. http://mayoclinic.com/health/ct-scan/FL00065
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Lumbar puncture: Why is it performed?" Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. January 23, 2008. http://mayoclinic.com/health/lumbar-puncture/HQ01414
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Migraine FAQs: An interview with a Mayo Clinic specialist." Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. February 19, 2008. http://mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/MI99999/PAGE=MI00026
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Migraine." Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. June 6, 2007. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=2#
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Migraine." Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. June 6, 2007. http://mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=6#
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "MRI: Viewing your brain and other soft tissues." Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. November 30, 2006. http://mayoclinic.com/health/mri/SM00035
- McKesson Health Solutions LLC. "Ocular Migraine." Eye Advisor 2007. Disease/Disorder overview. Clinical Reference Systems. May 31, 2007.
- "Migraines with Aura Increase Risk for Cardiovascular Disease in Women." Brigham and Women's Hospital. July 19, 2006. http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Pressreleases/PressRelease.aspx?PageID=195#
- Nogrady, Bianca. "Acupuncture effective in migraine." Australian Doctor. March 15, 2006. http://www.australiandoctor.com.au/articles/ef/0c03d9ef.asp
- Osterweil, Neil. "Herb Holds Promise for Migraine Prevention." WebMD. June 30, 2000. http://www.webmd.com/content/article/26/1728_58934
- President and Fellows of Harvard College. "Biofeedback." August 21, 2006.
- Sharp, Kim A., M.Ln., Frey, Rebecca J., PhD, Longe, Jacqueline L. "Migraine headache." The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. 2006.
- Spierings, Egilius L.H. "Evaluating your headache." Headaches (Harvard Special Health Report). February 2006. http://www.mercksource.com/ppdocs/us/cns/harvard-health-reports/MerckSHR-
- Spierings, Egilius L.H. "Headaches." Harvard Special Health Report. February 2006.
- The Online Etymology Dictionary. "Migraine." November 2001. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=migraine&searchmode=none
- USA Today (Society for the Advancement of Education). "Options to prevent pounding pain." February 2008. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1272/is_2753_136/ai_n24258944
- Waldie, Karen E., PhD,. Hausmann, Markus, PhD., Milne, Barry J., MSc., Poulton, Richie, DipClinPsyc PhD. " Migraine and cognitive function." American Academy of Neurology. 2002. http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/59/6/904