Author's Note: How Triage Works
I've been through triage and undergone it with my kids. Every time it's a quick and painless experience. Anything we can do to help medical facilities run more efficiently is just fine in my book!
More Great Links
- Batchelor, Scott M.D., M.P.H. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Telephone interview. Feb. 24, 2015.
- Eastridge, BJ; F Butler, Wade CE, Holcomb JB, Salinas J, Champion HR, Blackbourne LH. "Field triage score (FTS) in battlefield casualties: validation of a novel triage technique in a combat environment." Am J Surg. December 2010 (Feb. 25, 2015) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21146011
- Iverson, Kenneth V., MD, MBA and John C. Moskop, PhD. "Triage in Medicine: Part I. Concept, History, and Types." Annals of Emergency Medicine. March 2007 (Feb. 24, 2015) http://instructor.mstc.edu/instructor/randers/documents/Triage%20in%20Medicine.pdf
- Murrell, Karen L., M.D., M.B.A.; Steven R. Offerman, M.D.; Mark B. Kauffman, RN, MBA. "Applying Lean: Implementation of a Rapid Triage and Treatment System." West J. Emerg. Med. May 2011 (Feb. 25, 2015) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3099605/
- Robertson-Steel, Iain. "Evolution of triage systems." Journal of Emergency Medicine. February 2006 (Feb. 24, 2015) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2564046/
- Sacred Heart Healthcare System. "Triage assessment." 2015 (Feb. 25, 2015) http://www.shh.org/hospital-services/emergency-services/triage-assessment.asp
- Tidy, Colin M.D. "Trauma Triage and Scoring." Patient. Nov. 25, 2014 (Feb. 25, 2015) http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/trauma-triage-and-scoring