- How Depression Works
- How can I know if depression treatment is working?
- Can depression cause heart attacks?
- Can changing my lifestyle help my depression?
- Are depressed people more prone to addiction -- and why?
- The Types of Antidepressant Medicines
- Do I need electroconvulsive therapy?
- What to Expect During ECT
More Great Links
- "Depression." Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/depression/DS00175
- "Depression." New York Times Health Guide. http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/symptoms/depression/overview.html
- "Depression Health Center." WebMD. http://www.webmd.com/depression/default.htm
- Estroff Marano, Hara. "When Is Depression Cured?" Psychology Today. May 25, 2007. http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200307/when-is-depression-cured
- Estroff Marano, Hara. "Getting Better vs. Staying Well" Psychology Today. May 21, 2007. http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200302/getting-better-vs-staying-well
- Jansson, Bengt. "Controversial Psychosurgery Resulted in a Nobel Prize." Oct. 29, 1998. http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/articles/moniz/
- "Major Depression." MedLine Plus. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000945.htm
- "New Study Identifies Vulnerability to Depression Relapse." Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. July 4, 2006. http://www.camh.net/News_events/News_releases_and_media_advisories_and_backgrounders/study_vulnerability_relapse.html
- Segal, Zindel et al. "Cognitive Reactivity to Sad Mood Provocation and the Prediction of Depressive Relapse." Archive of General Psychiatry. July 2006. http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/63/7/749?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=Cognitive+Reactivity+to+Sad+Mood+Provocation+and+the+Prediction+of+Depressive+Relapse.%94+&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT
- "The Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America." National Institute for Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-numbers-count-mental-disorders-in-america/index.shtml
- "The rise and fall of the prefrontal lobotomy." Neurophilosophy. July 24, 2007. http://scienceblogs.com/neurophilosophy/2007/07/inventing_the_lobotomy.php
- "Mental Health." World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/mental_health/management/depression/definition/en/