Benefits of Cleansing Eye Wipes
The most obvious benefit of cleansing eye wipes is that they're easy to use, and using them takes a lot less time than washing your face the old-fashioned way. This is especially true if no-rinse wipes are your product of choice -- these can travel just about anywhere with you, and you can use them at any time, even if you don't have access to a bathroom.
Cleansing eye wipes also are helpful for getting rid of the various types of discharge that can develop around your eyes. Eye goop can be clear and watery, pus-like or rubbery, depending on how healthy your eyes are and if you have an infection or not [source: WebMD]. If you're prone to eye discharge or you just want to get rid of the sleepy eye dust that you notice in your tear ducts every morning, eye wipes are a great way to take care of it without harming the sensitive skin in that area. However, if you're experiencing eye pain in addition to a discharge, and you think you might have an infection, you should consult your doctor.
Keeping your eyes and the skin around your eyes clean has some real health benefits, too -- it can keep disease-causing bacteria at bay. Taking every opportunity to make sure this part of your face is free of germs can prevent a number of irritations and infections.
For more information on caring for your skin, check out the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- American Academy of Dermatology. "Cutting Through the Clutter: Making the Most of Your Facial Cleansing Routine." (Accessed Aug. 29, 2009)http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-21-2005/0003065165&EDATE
- Brown, Bobbi. "The Right Remover." Prevention. September 20, 2008. (Accessed 8/31/2009)http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/the-right-remover/403d9c4e1de7c110VgnVCM20000012281eac____/lifelong.beauty/makeup/bobbi.brown
- GoodHousekeeping.com. "Beauty Secrets to Look Younger." (Accessed 8/29/09)http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/look-younger-secrets/anti-aging-beauty?click=main_sr#/category1
- GoodHousekeeping.com. "Best Eye Makeup Remover Wipes." (Accessed 8/29/09)http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-testing/reviews-tests/health-beauty/bestmakeup-remover-wipes
- Lavinthal, Andrea. "You Look Tired." Cosmopolitan.com. (Accessed 8/29/09)http://www.cosmopolitan.com/hairstyles-beauty/skin-care-makeup/you-look-tired-0509
- Lloyd, Bill. "Eye on Vision: Pinkeye and Other Mysteries of Eye Goop Revealed!" WebMD. 11/6/07. (Accessed 08/29/09)http://blogs.webmd.com/eye-on-vision/2007/11/pinkeye-and-other-mysteries-of-eye goop.html
- Mayo Clinic. "Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)." 5/24/08. (Accessed 8/29/09)http://mayoclinic.com/health/pink-eye/DS00258
- Mayo Clinic. "Top 5 Habits for Healthy Skin." 12/28/07. (Accessed 8/29/09)http://mayoclinic.com/health/skin-care/SN00003/NSECTIONGROUP=2
- Pitman, Simon. "Growth in market for wipes to decline but opportunities still exist." March 4, 2009. (Accessed Oct. 15, 2009)http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/Products-Markets/Growth-in-market-for-wipes-to-decline-but-opportunities-still-exist
- WebMD. "The No-Knife Eye Lift." 10/8/08. (Accessed 8/29/09)http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/features/the-no-knife-eye-lift