Lots More Information
Related HowStuffworks Articles
- 5 Things Your Skin Needs Every Day
- 10 Daily Skincare Essentials
- How to Determine Your Skin Tone
- How to Maintain a Skin Barrier
- Is olive oil good for my skin?
- Is a daily shower too much for your skin?
- Does taking an aspirin daily affect your skin?
- Should the weather affect your daily skin care?
- How could an "anti-aging molecule" work?
- A.D.A.M. "Nervous System." (Sept. 20, 2009) http://pennhealth.com/health_info/body_guide/reftext/html/nerv_sys_fin.html
- Children's Mercy Hospitals & Clinics. "Touching your children is a wonderful way to 'talk.'" (Sept. 20, 2009) http://www.childrens-mercy.org/hkc/topic/View.asp?id=148
- Gregory, Michael. The Biology Web. "Sensory Systems." (Sept. 20, 2009) http://184.108.40.206/search?q=cache:euciaVoBRwcJ:faculty.clintoncc.suny.edu/ faculty/michael.gregory/files/bio%2520102/bio%2520102%2520lectures/ sensory%2520systems/sensory.htm+how+many+sensory+receptors+in+skin+million &cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
- Hancock, Elise. "A Primer on Touch." Johns Hopkins Magazine, Sept. 1996. (Sept. 20, 2009) http://www.jhu.edu/jhumag/996web/touch.html
- Mayo Clinic. "Acupuncture: Can it Help?" (Sept. 20, 2009)http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/acupuncture/SA00086
- Mayo Clinic. "Massage: A relaxing method to relieve stress and pain." (Sept. 20, 2009) http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/massage/SA00082
- Merck Source. "Skin (Integumentary System)." (Sept. 20, 2009)http://www.mercksource.com/ppdocs/us/cns/content/adam/visualbody/reftext/html/skin_sys_fin.html
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. "Neuro Science: The Somatic Sensory System." (Sept. 20, 2009) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?indexed=google&rid=neurosci.chapter.609