Lots More Information
Jimmy Buffet has the right idea with his line of Latitude Margaritaville communities. HowStuffWorks looks at other innovative retirement communities.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Appleby, Denise. “Stretch Your Retirement Budget.” Investopedia, A Forbes Digital Company. 2007. http://www.investopedia.com/articles/retirement/07/stretch_retirement_budget.asp
- Brandon, Emily. “Tips on Paying for College as a Retiree.” U.S. News & World Report. October 26, 2006. http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/articles/061026/26retireescollege.htm
- Egan, Matt. “Not Your Everyday Tourist...Retirees Feed Travel Industry.” Fox Business. February 22, 2008. http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/economy/everyday-touristretirees-feed-travel-industry/
- Greengard, Samuel. “Work @50+ 2008: Find the Work You Love.” AARP Magazine, November/December 2008. http://www.aarpmagazine.org/money/find_the_work_you_love.html
- Kanter, Rosabeth Moss. “Back to College.” AARP Magazine. July/August 2006. http://www.aarpmagazine.org/lifestyle/back_to_college.html
- Said, Carolyn. “Seniors get help downsizing.” San Francisco Chronicle. September 6, 2005. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/06/BUGULEGN2Q1.DTL
- Senior Corpshttp://www.seniorcorps.org
- Social Security Administration. “Plan Your Retirement.” SSA Retirement Planner. January 5, 2009. http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/index.htm
- Trejos, Nancy. “As costs rise, seniors ‘rewiring,’ not retiring.” Atlanta Journal Constitution. October 19, 2008. http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/10/19/retire.html?cxntlid=inform_sr
- United Wayhttp://www.unitedway.org
- Volunteer Matchhttp://www.volunteermatch.org
- Wheeler, Judith A., et al. “The beneficial effects of volunteering for older volunteers and the people they serve.” International Journal of Aging and Human Development. 1998. Vol 47, Issue 1. pgs 69-79.
- Wollston, Chris. “Seniors and Volunteering: A Whole New Life.” A Healthy Me, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. August 4, 2008. http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/volunteer