Poison ivy rashes are one of the itchiest and most uncomfortable experiences anyone can go through. That is, until you've been eaten alive by an army of red ants or faced an allergic reaction to nickel or makeup.
Use citric powder to stop the itch of poisonous plants, insect bites, or allergic reactions. Make a paste of lemon juice and cornstarch; rub gently on the itchy spots. And, just like your mother used to tell you, resist the urge to scratch. The more you scratch an itch, the more prone the area is to infection.