Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Your Heart Works
- How Your Lungs Work
- How Your Kidneys Work
- How Blood Works
- How Ultrafiltration Works
- What are the symptoms of heart failure?
- How Vasodilator Drugs Work
- How Fluid Overload and Edema Work
- How Orthopnea Works
- How Jugular Venous Distension Works
- How does heart failure affect quality of life?
- How Inotropic Drugs Work
- How Diuretics Work
- How Electrolytes Work
More Great Links
- Bentley B, Moser DK. Dietary sodium in heart failure: what to tell your patients. Prog Cardiovasc Nurs. 2007;22:41-42.
- Cailar G, Mimran A. Non-pressure-related effects of dietary sodium. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2007;9:154-159.
- Cutler JA, Roccella EJ. Salt reduction for preventing hypertension and cardiovascular disease: a population approach should include children. Hypertension. 2006;48:818-819.
- Haddy FJ. Role of dietary salt in hypertension. Life Sci. 2006;79:1585-1592.
- McGinnity JG. Establishing sound goals for hypertension management. JAAPA. 2007;Suppl Hypertension:9-13.
- O'Shaughnessy KM. Role of diet in hypertension management. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2006;8:292-297.
- Penner SB, Campbell NR, Chockalingam A, et al. Dietary sodium and cardiovascular outcomes: a rational approach. Can J Cardiol. 2007;23:567-572.