Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Dudley, David. "2006 Impact Awards." AARP Magazine, January/February 2006.
- Duenwald, Mary. "Parkinson's 'Clusters' Getting a Closer Look." The New York Times, May 14, 2002.
- European Parkinson's Disease Association. "James Parkinson." http://www.epda.eu.com/worldPDDay/jamesParkinson.asp.
- Factor SA and Weiner WJ. Parkinson's Disease: Diagnosis and Clinical Management. 14. Quantitative Measures and Rating Scales.
- Familydoctor.org. "Parkinson's Disease." http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/brain/disorders/187.printerview.html.
- HealthDay. "New Hope for Parkinson's Patients." http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_66163.html
- HealthDay. "Parkinson's Drugs Again Linked to Compulsive Disorders." http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_66244.html.
- Massachusetts General Hospital. "Hoehn and Yahr Staging of Parkinson's Disease, Unified Parkinson Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS), and Schwab and England Activities of Daily Living."
- Mayo Clinic. "Parkinson's Disease." http://www.mayoclinic.com/print/parkinsons-disease/DS00295/METHOD=print&DSECTION=all.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. "NINDS Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's Disease Information Page." http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/deep_brain_stimulation/deep_brain_stimulation.htm.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Parkinson's Disease Information Page. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/parkinsons_disease/parkinsons_disease.htm.
- National Parkinson Foundation. "About Parkinson's Disease." http://www.parkinson.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=225&srcid=201.
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation. "Medications and Treatments." http://www.pdf.org/AboutPD/med_treatment.cfm.