Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Pain Works
- How Your Brain Works
- Brain Quiz
- How does acupressure work?
- How Nerves Work
- How Acupuncture Works
- How Your Heart Works
More Great Links
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: What is CAM?
- Time.com: Say "Om" Before Surgery - Jan. 20, 2003.
- National Pain Foundation: Using Complementary Therapy to Relieve Pain
- Is guided meditation useful for relieving pain? Caring.com. http://www.caring.com/questions/guided-meditation-for-pain
- Meditation. Ohio State University Medical Center. http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patientcare/healthcare_services/services/?ID=1494
- Meditation a Hit for Pain Management. NPR.org. March 1, 2007. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7654964
- Meditation May Help Brain Handle Pain. Medscape Today. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/542553
- Mind over matter: Meditation helps ease pain for some patients. CNN.com. September 4, 2000. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/alternative/09/04/meditation.pain.wmd/index.html
- National Pain Foundation: Using Complementary Therapy to Relieve Pain. http://www.nationalpainfoundation.org/mytreatment/News_Complementary.asp
- Say "Om" Before Surgery. Time.com. January 20, 2003. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1004086,00.html
- What is CAM? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam/#3