Can swishing oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes net health benefits? Find out why some people swear by oil pulling.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Agrawal, Renu. "Probiotics: An emerging food supplement with health benefits." Food Biotechnology. 2005.
- Bakalar, Nicholas. "Diet Supplement Seen as Risky for Some Users." New York Times. Feb. 19, 2008. (Nov. 18, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/health/19regi.html?scp=1&sq=probiotics%2C+risk&st=nyt
- Bee, Peta. "Probiotics, not so friendly after all?" The Times. Nov. 10, 2008. (Nov. 18, 2008)http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/features/article5109777.ece
- Brody, Jane E. "Putting Good Bacteria to Work." New York Times. Sept. 14, 2004. (Nov. 18, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/14/health/14brod.html?scp=6&sq=probiotics%2C+benefits&st=nyt
- Farnsworth, Edward R. "The Evidence to Support Health Claims for Probiotics." The Journal of Nutrition. June 2008.
- "Getting to Know 'Friendly Bacteria'." CAM at the NIH: Focus on Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Summer 2006. (Nov. 18, 2008)http://nccam.nih.gov/news/newsletter/2006_summer/bacteria.htm
- Kligler, Benjamin and Andreas Cohrssen. "Probiotics." American Family Physician. Nov. 1, 2008.
- Martin, Andrew. "In Live Bacteria, Food Makers See a Bonanza." New York Times. Jan. 22, 2007. (Nov. 18, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/22/business/22yogurt.html?scp=3&sq=probiotics%2C+benefits&st=nyt
- Reid, Gregor and Jo-Anne Hammond. "Probiotics: Some evidence of their effectiveness." Canadian Family Physician. November 2005.http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1479479
- Sanders, Mary Ellen. "Considerations for Use of Probiotic Bacteria to Modulate Human Health." The Journal of Nutrition. 2000.http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/130/2/384S
- Senok, A.C., A.Y. Ismaeel and G.A. Botta. "Probiotics: facts and myths." Clinical Microbiology and Infection. December 2005.
- Squires, Sally. "Mainstream Food Firms Get Proactive About Probiotics." Washington Post. April 15, 2008.
- Warner, Melanie. "Eating Your Way to Health; Companies are Marketing Fortified Foods to the Drug-Wary." New York Times. Dec. 28, 2005. (Nov. 18, 2008)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C06EED61230F93BA15751C1A9639C8B63&scp=7&sq=probiotics%2C+benefits&st=nyt
- Zied, Elisa. "Probiotics: More hype than help?" MSNBC. Oct. 31, 2008. (Nov. 18, 2008)http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27454348/