Brazilian Waxing Has Benefits
By now you may be asking, "so why would I want to go through that procedure?" While there can be some unpleasantness during a Brazilian waxing, it has multiple benefits. A hair-free lower body appearance will allow you to hit the beach in a bikini without being self-conscious or flaunt that sexy lingerie. Unlike shaving the bikini area with a razor, Brazilian waxing keeps your skin stubble-free and you won't have to think about re-growth for several weeks. Since the hair is literally pulled from the shaft, you'll get the longest lasting, smooth results with a Brazilian wax.
Many people regularly undergo a Brazilian wax without complaint. Your skin sensitivity and the professionalism of your aesthetician can make all the difference. With a little research and a bit of discomfort, you could be hitting the beach Brazilian style.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Barba, Alicia. "Nonlaser Hair Removal Techniques." eMedicine. May 27, 2008. (Accessed 8/17/09)http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1067139-overview
- Bouchez, Colette. "For Women Only: Best Options for Hair Removal." WebMD. Feb. 9, 2007. (Accessed 8/17/09)http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/for-women-only-best-options-for-hair-removal?page=2
- Cardellino, Carly. "Do bikini waxes spread STDs?" Shape. August, 2009. Findarticles. (Accessed 8/17/09)http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_/ai_n32429307/
- Freeman, Hilary. "Your Life: A Bikini Wax Ruined My Sex Life." The Mirror. June 1, 2005. HighBeam Research (Accessed 8/17/09)http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-132898254.html
- Goins, Liesa. "Fuzz Busters." Women's Health Magazine. July/August 2006. (Accessed 8/15/09) http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty-and-style/shaving-and-waxing-tips?page=1
- MSNBC. "N.J. Scraps Plans to Ban Genital Waxing." March. 20, 2009. (Accessed 8/17/09) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29797548/
- MSNBC. "Ow! Beware of bikini wax mishaps." Aug. 4, 2009. (Accessed 8/17/09)http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31144530/ns/health-womens_health/
- University of California, Santa Barbara. "The Brazilian Bikini Wax." SexInfo. 5/31/08. (Accessed 8/25/09)http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/article/the-brazilian-bikini-wax