In many ways, getting your skin tone appearance perfect for photographs is even more important than in video. Today, photos are taken all the time, and unlike the moving images of videography, a viewer can sit, stare and critique any and all of the imperfections in a photograph.
Many of the rules on the previous page for looking your best on video apply here as well. Selecting the right colors for your wardrobe based on your skin tone will help it appear vibrant and bright instead of dull and washed out. Basing your makeup on the lighting is a great idea, if possible. And again, you'll want to prep your skin for success by starting with a clean, oil-free face that you've evened out with foundation.
Beyond that, you'll want to pay special attention to your makeup to improve your skin tone appearance in pictures. Look for colors that complement your skin tone. There is no one-shade-fits-all, so experiment until you find what works with your skin tone instead of competing against it.
Whether your skin tone is warm or cool, you can look perfect for the camera -- you've got all the tips now. To learn more, check out the links on the following page.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Cyber College. "Makeup for Television and Film." (July 17, 2009.)http://www.cybercollege.com/makeup.htm
- Gee, Miriam. "Camera Ready Makeup!" Yummy Mummy Club. (July 17, 2009.)http://www.yummymummyclub.ca/camera_ready_makeup
- Kim, Justine. "How to Match Colors To Your Skin Tone." The Soko. (July 17, 2009.)http://www.thesoko.com/thesoko/article742.html
- Levy, Nicci. "How To: Apply Camera-ready Makeup." Ladies Who Launch. June 16, 2008. (July 17, 2009.) http://www.ladieswholaunch.com/magazine/makeup-image-1/1454
- Soderquist, Gerti. "Wedding Makeup - Making Sure Your Makeup is Camera Ready!" Beauty Care Shop. (July 17, 2009.)http://www.advancingwomen.com/beautycareshop/makeuptips/WEDDING-MAKEUP--Making-Sure-Your-Makeup-is-Camera-Ready.php
- Ward, Amy. "Wedding Makeup for the Camera." Award Makeup School. (July 17, 2009.)http://www.awardmakeupschool.com/articles/wedding.asp