Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Angeloglou, Maggie. "A History of Make-up." London: The Macmillan Company, 1970.
- Channel 4 Television. "Because You're Worth It: 100 Years of Makeup." Channel 4. 2009.http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/M/make_up/power.html
- Cole, Bethan. "Kiss of death: Black lipstick but not everyone is a fan." The Independent. September 25, 2008.http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/kiss-of-death-black-lipstick-but-not-everyone-is-a-fan-941300.html
- Foltz-Gray, Dorothy. "Lipstick: A love story." Health. September 1996, Vol. 10, Issue 5.
- Fong, Jennifer. "Lipstick sales rise when economies sink." Calgary Herald. February 10, 2009. http://www.calgaryherald.com/Life/Lipstick+sales+rise+when+economies+sink/1272830/story.html
- Foundation for Science Technology and Civilisation (FSTC). "Muslim Contribution to Cosmetics." MuslimHeritage.com. May 20, 2003.http://muslimheritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=364
- Grantham, Lorreta. "Lipstick: A History Glossed Over." Palm Beach Post, December 12, 1998. 1D. Business Dateline. ProQuest.http://www.proquest.com
- Guerlain. "Guerlain's $62,000 KissKiss Gold and Diamonds Lipstick." PR Newswire. November 8, 2007.http://prnwire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY=/www/story/11-08-2007/0004700703&EDATE=THU+Nov+08+2007,+06:00+AM
- Guthrie, Dale R. "Automimicry: Big Boobs, Ruby Lips and Pendulous Noses." Body Hot Spots: The Anatomy of Human Social Organs and Behavior. Litton Educational Publication, 1976.http://employees.csbsju.edu/lmealey/hotspots/Chapter13.htm
- Henderson, Diedtra. "Proposal aimed at reducing mad cow risk in human, animal drugs." AP Online. September 22, 2004.
- Johnson, Rita. "What's That Stuff?: Lipstick." Chemical & Engineering News. July 12, 1999. Volume 77, Number 28.http://pubs.acs.org/cen/whatstuff/stuff/7728scit2.html
- Jolique. "The Evils of Artifice: Cosmetic Use in Europe from the Baroque Age to the Victorian Age." Jolique: Exploring Dress and Culture. October 15, 1999.http://www.jolique.com/general_interest/evils_of_artifice.htm
- Lesley, Vicki. "The homemade homemaker: ethical lipstick." Guardian News and Media Limited. October 28, 2007.http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/oct/29/ethicalliving.lifeandhealth
- Mikkelson, Barbara and David. "Easily Lead." Snopes.com. November 12, 2008.http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/lipstick.asp
- Morris, Desmond. "Chapter 8: The Lips." The Naked Woman. London: St. Martin's Griffin. February 20, 2007.
- Pallingston, Jessica. "Lipstick: A Celebration of the World's Favorite Cosmetic." New York: St. Martin's Press, December 15, 1998.
- Ragas, Meg Cohen, and Karen Kozlowski. "Read My Lips: A Cultural History of Lipstick." San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Press, 1998.
- Ricks, Delthia. "FDA: Food Makers to Acknowledge Bug-Based Additives." WPIX News. January 8, 2009.http://www.wpix.com/landing/?FDA-Food-Makers-to-Acknowledge-Bug-Based=1&blockID=179133&feedID=1404
- Schaffer, Sara. "Reading Our Lips: The History of Lipstick Regulation in Western Seats of Power." Legal Electronic Document Archive, Harvard Law School Library. May 19, 2006.
- Scott, Brendan and Chuck Bennett. "She's a 'Pit Bull with Lipstick'." New York Post, September 4, 2008.http://www.nypost.com/seven/09042008/news/nationalnews/shes_a_pit_bull_with_lipstick_127420.htm
- Sinderbrand, Rebecca, et al. "'Lipstick on a pig': Attack on Palin or common line?" CNN. September 10, 2008.http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/10/campaign.lipstick/
- Stefanini, Sara. "Lip Venom: Plump lips come at a painful price." Columbia News Service. April 4, 2006.http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2006-04-04/stefanini-lipvenom