Are anti-aging supplements the new fountain of youth? See if coenzyme q10, human growth hormone and other supplements really work.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- American Association of Dermatologists. "Causes of aging skin." Accessed August 31, 2009.http://www.skincarephysicians.com/agingskinnet/basicfacts.html
- Bliss, Rosalie Marion. "Low protein + low exercise = sarcopenia." Agricultural Research. May 2005. http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/archive/may05/sarco0505.htm
- Centers for Disease Control. "QuickStats: life expectancy at birth, by race and sex -- United States, 1970 - 2005." January 4, 2008.http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5651a7.htm
- Free Radical Research. "What are free radicals?" Accessed August 31, 2009.http://www.freeradicalscience.com/
- Gibson, Lawrence E. "Smoking: does it cause wrinkles?" The Mayo Clinic. October 25, 2007.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/smoking/AN00644
- Gordon, Marsha and Fugate, Alice E. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beautiful Skin." Alpha Books. 1998.
- Lodish, et al. "22.3. Collagen: the fibrous proteins of the matrix." Molecular Cell Biology. Accessed August 31, 2009.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=mcb.section.6542
- Mayo Clinic. "Exercise: Rev up your routine to reduce stress." July 23, 2008.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise-and-stress/sr00036
- Reucroft, Stephen and Swain, John. "Does the dust in my house really include my own skin?" Boston Globe. September 1, 2008.http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2008/09/01/does_the_dust_in_my_house_really_include_my_own_skin/
- Zelman, Kathleen, MPH. "The anti-aging diet -- antioxidants, anti-inflammatory foods, and more." WebMD. Accessed August 31, 2009.http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/guide/anti-aging-diet
- Watson, Ronald Ross. "Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals in Cancer Prevention." Wiley-Blackwell. 2003.