How to Treat Common Conditions With Aromatherapy
The following simple aromatherapy treatments are for relatively minor problems that you would normally treat at home. The treatment recipes in the links below were designed so that you can start making your own aromatherapy preparations after buying only a few essential oils. The proportions have been carefully chosen to make the product both very therapeutic and pleasant to smell. For an introduction to the rules of aromatherapy blending and lots of helpful tips, be sure to read How to Use Aromatherapy before you begin making any of these recipes.
Many remedies in the links below are used as a massage or bath oil. That’s because the safest way to use essential oils is externally and in a diluted state. You should never ingest them. Massage techniques vary -- some cover the whole body while others work on only a part of it. Acupressure is an example of a method that requires very little, if any, massage oil. Techniques such as Swedish massage and lymphatic massage call for repeated applications of massage oil.
If you find yourself using a tablespoon of massage oil or more at one session, use half the amount of essential oils in the recipe. Remember, the best aromatherapy is achieved when the fragrance is subtle, not overpowering. Cut the amount of essential oils in half when the aromatherapy product will be used on the elderly, children younger than 12 years of age, or someone who is very ill or frail.
Good judgment and common sense are the most important ingredients to use when self-prescribing and treating. Sometimes ailments that seem relatively minor can actually be indications of far more troubling problems. It’s a good idea to get professional advice whenever you are in doubt about what you have or how to treat it. Also, don’t abandon your prescription drugs in favor of aromatherapy treatments unless you get professional advice that it will be safe to do so.
Aromatherapy can be a valuable healing tool; however, not all illnesses can be treated with essential oils. Conditions such as diabetes, chronic kidney disease, and multiple sclerosis are not candidates for aromatherapy treatment because they require much more extensive therapy than offered by aromatic chemicals.
You can, however, use aromatherapy to relieve many of the symptoms caused by the above disorders, such as the circulation problems that occur with diabetes and the water retention resulting from kidney disease. Aromatherapy is also an excellent way to help you deal with stress, which often compromises physical and emotional well-being and even triggers many seemingly unrelated disorders.
Aromatherapy will also go a long way toward boosting your own ability to handle the overall problem by helping you handle the stress. The conditions listed below are a good guide to and indication of the kind of ailments best treated by aromatherapy.
- How to Treat Pimples With Aromatherapy
- How to Treat Asthma With Aromatherapy
- Treating a Bladder Infection With Aromatherapy
- How to Treat Burns With Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy Chest Congestion Relief
- How to Treat Cuts With Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy for Depression
- Aromatherapy Treatment for Dermatitis
- How to Cure Dry Skin With Aromatherapy
- How to Get Rid of an Earache With Aromatherapy
- How to Treat Eye Strain With Aromatherapy
- How to Treat Fatigue With Aromatherapy
- How to Cure Athelete's Foot With Aromatherapy
- How to Get Rid of Headache With Aromatherapy
- How to Treat Herpes With Aromatherapy
- How to Get Rid of Hives With Aromatherapy
- How to Treat a Weak Immune System With Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy Nausea Relief
- Treating Insect Bites With Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy Insomnia Cures
- Aromatherapy Joint Pain Relief
- How to Improve Your Memory With Aromatherapy
- How to Treat Menopause With Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy Muscle Pain Relief
- Aromatherapy Nerve Pain Relief
- Aromatherapy Poison Ivy Cure
- Aromatherapy PMS Relief
- Aromatherapy Sore Throat Cure
- Aromatherapy Stress Relief
- Aromatherapy Tooth Pain Relief
- Aromatherapy Varicose Veins Treatment
- How to Treat Warts With Aromatherapy
Learn more about what ails you. Here are some common symptoms.See all »