Lots More Information
American of Pediatrics research found parents are sharing antibiotics originally prescribed for their children. HowStuffWorks looks at the report.
More Great Links
- Bartfai, Tamas and Graham V. Lees. "Drug Discovery: From Bedside to Wall Street." Elsevier, 2006.
- Biovail: Vasotec. http://www.biovail.com/english/products/default.asp?s=1&product=6&viewer=patient&state=displayProduct&country=USA
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals: Mirapex. http://www.mirapex.com
- Collins, Allyson T. "Strange Side Effects Surprise Patients." ABC News, July 15, 2008. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5374153
- "The Dark Side Of Lariam." 60 Minutes II, CBS News, January 29, 2003. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/27/60II/main538144.shtml
- "FDA Statement Regarding the Anti-Depressant Paxil for Pediatric Population." U.S. Food and Drug Administration, June 19, 2003. http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERs/2003/ANS01230.html
- "Girlfriend Believes Chantix Contributed to Texas Musician's Death." ABC News, GMA On Call. http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/Story?id=3623085&page=1
- GlaxoSmithKline: Paxil. http://us.gsk.com/html/medicines/index.html
- "Hallucinations linked to drug given to troops." MSNBC.com. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6947472/
- Hirschler, Ben. "Thalidomide victims seek compensation, 50 years on." Reuters, April 3, 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSL0286587320080403?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0
- Lea, David. "Sara Carlin: A life cut way too short." OakvilleBeaver.com, July 19, 2008. http://www.oakvillebeaver.com/news/article/192960
- Melville, Arabella. "Cured to Death." Stein and Day, 1983.
- "Mirapex Victim Awarded $8.2 Million in First Gambling Addiction Lawsuit." NEWSInferno.com, August 2, 2008. http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/3562
- Roche U.S. Pharmacuticals: Lariam. http://www.rocheusa.com/products/lariam/
- Roche U.S. Pharmaceuticals: Xenical. http://www.xenical.com/
- Salamone, Gina. "Diet drug Alli has slim sales." Daily News, July 12, 2008. http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2008/06/12/2008-06-12_diet_drug_alli_has_slim_sales.html
- Sauer, Maddy and Vic Walter. "Tough Questions for VA on Suicide-Linked Chantix." ABC News, July 8, 2008. http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5332171&page=1
- Saul, Stephanie. "Some Sleeping Pill Users Range Far Beyond Bed." New York Times, March 8, 2006.
- Sepracor: Lunesta. http://www.lunesta.com/choosingLunesta/is-lunesta-for-me.html
- Speige, Rachel. "Thalidomide gets a second chance." National Institutes of Health Office of Science Education. http://science-education.nih.gov/Home2.nsf/Educational+Resources/Resource+Formats/Online+Resources/+High+School/544E6D04B78B8E9E85256CCD0063E875
- Terris, Martha K. "The Significance of Abnormal Urine Color." Stanford School of Medicine Urology. http://urology.stanford.edu/about/articles/abnormal_urine.html
- "Unsafe sleepwalking, sleep driving linked to pills." CBC News, April 19, 2007. http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/04/19/sleep-drug-warning.html
- Van Dusen, Alison. "Top Drugs' Strangest Side Effects." Forbes.com, March 3, 2008. http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/29/drug-side-effects-forbeslife-cx_avd_0303drug.html
- "Varenicline (marketed as Chantix) Information." U.S. Food and Drug Administration, February 1, 2008. http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/varenicline/default.htm
- Westphal, Sylvia Pagan. "'You're My Wife?' Amnesia is Possible Side Effect of Statin Drug." New Scientist, December 6, 2003.