Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Does sucking your thumb really ruin your teeth?
- Does stress really make your hair go gray faster?
- Will an apple a day really keep the doctor away?
- Is eating bread crust really good for you?
- 5 Old Wives' Tales about Your Health
- If you step on a rusty nail will you really get tetanus?
- Should you really starve a fever?
- Is it true that if you do anything for three weeks it will become a habit?
- Arliss JM, Kaplan EN, Galvin SL. "The effect of the lunar cycle on frequency of births and birth complications." Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005 May; 192(5):1462-4. Pubmed. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15902138
- Full Moon, Gravitational Pull and Childbirth! BirthSource. http://www.birthsource.com/Scripts/article.asp?articleid=409
- Full Moon and Lunar Effects. The Skeptic's Dictionary. Feb. 23, 2009. http://www.skepdic.com/fullmoon.html
- Gans, Joshua S. and Andrew Leigh. "Does the Lunar Cycle Affect Birth and Deaths?" The Australian National University Centre for Economic Policy Research. August 2006. http://econrsss.anu.edu.au/pdf/DP532.pdf
- Joshi, Raksha, et al. "Labor ward workload waxes and wanes with the lunar cycle, myth or reality?" ScienceDirect. May 31, 2000.http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6TBM-40CS1W8-2W&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=6afe02a25a52cdfc8c2b267a85201460
- Shulman, Holly B. "Investigating Lunar Cycles in Monthly Fertility Rates." Bureau of the Census. April 29, 1987. http://www.census.gov/srd/papers/pdf/rr87-12.pdf