The first date is your only chance to make a first impression. Here's a tip: If you drink too much Merlot and throw up all over your date's shoes, unless you are a supermodel, A-list celebrity or the CEO of a multinational corporation, chances are this date is going to be your last with this person.
Here are a few other embarrassing moments that can quickly ruin a date:
- Forgetting your date's name (a mistake that will be amplified if you happen to run into someone you know and are forced to make an introduction)
- Not realizing until the check arrives that you've forgotten your wallet
- Running into an ex-girlfriend or boyfriend at your old favorite restaurant (especially if you spend the rest of the meal crying over that ex)
- Spilling food all over your shirt, or splitting your pants
- Choking on a piece of food
- Belching loudly
- Having "intestinal issues" and spending half the meal in the bathroom
Embarrassing moments like these can make for a memorable date, but not in a good way. Your relationship might end that night, but look on the bright side -- at least you'll have a funny story to tell your friends later.