Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Does sucking your thumb really ruin your teeth?
- Does stress really make your hair go gray faster?
- Will an apple a day really keep the doctor away?
- Is eating bread crust really good for you?
- 5 Old Wives' Tales about Your Health
- If you step on a rusty nail will you really get tetanus?
- Should you really starve a fever?
- Is it true that if you do anything for three weeks it will become a habit?
- Arnold, Thomas, MD. "Toxicity, Ciguatera." June 7, 2007. (July 13, 2009)http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/813869-overview
- Arnold, Thomas, MD. "Toxicity, Shellfish." June 7, 2007. (July 9, 2009)http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/818505-overview
- Assure Controls. "All About Dinoflagellates." (July 14, 2009)http://www.assurecontrols.com/info-dinoflagellates.htm
- Fleming, Lora E. "Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning. NIEHS Marine and Freshwater Biomedical Sciences Center. May 7, 2008.http://www.whoi.edu/redtide/page.do?pid=9679&tid=523&cid=27686
- Harstine Oyster Company. (July 15, 2009)http://www.salishseafoods.com/
- Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services. "Red Tide Fact Sheet." July 14, 2009. http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2modulechunk&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Provider&L2=Guidance+for+Businesses&L3=Food+Safety&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=dph_environmental_foodsafety_p_red_tide&csid=Eeohhs2
- MedlinePlus. "Poisoning - fish and shellfish." Jan. 30, 2009. (July 9, 2009)http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002851.htm
- Ohio Department of Health. "Fact Sheet: Shellfish toxins." (July 9, 2009)http://www.odh.ohio.gov/pdf/foodrecall/fddefine/shellfish.pdf
- Pledger, David, MD. "Toxicity, Seafood." June 21, 2006.http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1011549-overview
- University of California Museum of Paleontology. "Introduction to the Dinoflagellata." (July 9, 2009) http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/protista/dinoflagellata.html
- U.S. National Office for Harmful Algal Blooms. "Harmful Algae."http://www.whoi.edu/redtide/page.do?pid=9257
- Washington State Department of Health. "Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning ("red tide")." Mar. 5, 2009. (July 14, 2009)http://www.doh.wa.gov/ehp/sf/Pubs/PSPfactSheet.htm
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. "Shellfish." (July 16, 2009)http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/shelfish/beachreg/3clam.htm