Time spent watching copies spew out of the copy machine can be rather unproductive. Make use of these precious minutes with some leg toning and strengthening exercises.
With leg lifts and swings you use the muscles in the leg you are moving and also use the weight of your body to strengthen the leg you are standing on for support. It's best to hold onto the copy machine for balance. If you hear someone approaching, you can quickly stop.
- Lift one leg to the back or side, keeping it straight.
- Slowly lower it.
- Change sides.
- In the same position, bend your right knee.
- Swing leg forward and back for 30 seconds.
- Repeat with left leg.
Glute kicks and calf raises will stretch out your hamstrings and calves.
- Stand with one leg straight.
- Try to kick your buttocks with the heel of your other leg.
- Repeat ten times with each leg.
- Next, raise your heels off the floor.
- Slowly lower them.
- Repeat ten times.