Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Your Brain Works
- How Food Cravings Work
- How Antioxidants Works
- How Geniuses Work
- Top 10 Myths about the Brain
- Top 5 Unsolved Brain Mysteries
- Is the brain hardwired for religion?
- Is human brain evolution possible?
- Why are people's brains different sizes?
- Are teenage brains really different from adult brains?
- Do men and women have different brains?
- Is emotional intelligence a better indicator of brain health than IQ?
- Is morality located in the brain?
- Why do trans fat and saturated fat get such a bad rap?
More Great Links
- Aaronson, Lauren. "A Taste of Genius." Psychology Today. July/August 2005.
- Bakalar, Nicholas. "Stay Sharp Longer, With Fish on Your Fork." New York Times. Oct. 16, 2005. (Sept. 30, 2008) http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B01E0DC153FF93BA25753C1A9639C8B63&scp=50&sq=brain+food&st=nyt
- Binns, Corey. "Something Fishy: How Humans Got So Smart." LiveScience. Feb. 20, 2006. (Sept. 30, 2008)http://www.livescience.com/health/060220_fish_brain.html
- Brody, Jane E. "No Gimmicks: Eat Less and Exercise More." New York Times. Jan. 1, 2008. (Sept. 30, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/01/health/nutrition/01brod.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=brain%20food&st=cse&oref=slogin
- Douglas, Kate, Alison George, Bob Holmes, Graham Lawton, John McCrone, Alison Motluk, Helen Phillips. "11 steps to a better brain. New Scientist. May 28, 2005. (Sept. 30, 2008) http://www.newscientist.com/channel/being-human/mg18625011.900
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. "Get Smart About What You Eat and You Might Actually Improve Your Intelligence." ScienceDaily. July 3, 2008. (Sept. 30, 2008) http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2008/07/080702150706.htm
- Flora, Carlin. "Top Ten Smart Foods." Psychology Today. Feb. 12, 2004. (Sept. 30, 2008)http://psychologytoday.com/articles/index.php?term=pto-20040212-000003&print=1
- McGill University. "Breastfeeding Associated With Increased Intelligence, Study Suggests." ScienceDaily. May 6, 2008. (Sept. 30, 2008) http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2008/05/080505162902.htm
- O'Connor, Anahad. "The Claim: Fish is Brain Food." New York Times. Jan. 3, 2006. (Sept. 30, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/03/health/03real.html?sq=brain%20food&st=cse&scp=1&pagewanted=print
- Thompson, Andrea. "5 Ways To Beef Up Your Brain." LiveScience. Aug. 15, 2008. (Sept. 30, 2008) http://www.livescience.com/health/080815-top5-brain-health.html
- University of California - Los Angeles. "Scientists Learn How Food Affects the Brain: Omega 3 Especially Important." ScienceDaily. July 11, 2008. (Sept. 30, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2008/07/080709161922.htm