Lots More Information
More Great Links
- "Are Autism Cases on the Rise in the U.S.?" HealthDay, Feb. 16, 2007. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_45428.html
- Associated Press via New York Times. "Study Linking Vaccine to Autism is Called Fraud." Jan. 6, 2011. (March 14, 2011)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C02E7DC1E3BF935A35752C0A9679D8B63
- "Autism and Genes." National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/
- Autism Fact Sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm?css=print
- Autism Information Center: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/overview.htm
- Autism Society of America http://www.autism-society.org/
- "Autism Spectrum Disorders." National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/autism/cfm
- "Biomedical and Dietary Approaches." Autism Society of America. http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer? pagename=about_treatment_biomedical
- Blakemore, Bill. "Study Suggests Autism Causes are Genetic." http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/print?id=2886015
- "CDC Research on Vaccines & Autism." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/nip/vacsafe/concerns/autism/autism-research.htm
- CNN. "Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal finds." Jan. 5, 2011. (March 14, 2011)http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html
- Edelson, Stephen M., Ph.D., "Theory of Mind." Center for the Study of Autism. http://www.autism.org/mind.html
- Hertz-Picciotto, Irva, et al. "The CHARGE Study: An Epidemiologic Investigation of Genetic and Environmental Factors Contributing to Autism." Environmental Health Perspectives, Volume 114, Number 7, July 2006, page 1119.
- Kalb, Claudia. "When Does Autism Start?" Newsweek, February 28, 2005. Volume 145, pgs. 45-51.
- "Largest-Ever Search for Autism Genes Reveals New Clues." National Institutes of Health, Feb. 18, 2007. http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/feb2007/nimh-18.htm
- Lyall, Sarah. "Brainman, At Rest in his Oasis." The New York Times, Feb. 15, 2007.
- Ma, D. Q., et al. "Identification of Significant Association and Gene-Gene Interaction of GABA Receptor Subunit Genes in Autism." American Journal of Human Genetics, September 2005, Volume 77, pg. 377.
- The Medical/Psychiatric Diagnosis of Autism: The DSM-IV Criteria http://www.autism-watch.org/general/dsm.shtml
- MMR Vaccine and Autism Fact Sheet. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/nip/vacsafe/concerns/autism/autism-mmr-facts.htm
- NAAR Autism Genome Project: Fact Sheet http://www.naar.org/news/pdfs/agp1a.pdf
- "Prevalence of the Autism Spectrum Disorders in Multiple Areas of the United States, Surveillance Years 2000 and 2002." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dd/addmprevalence.htm
- "Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cureautismnow.org/atf/cf/%7B0FE985F1-B3E3- 476B-92EF-73240E60AF4D%7D/070208_CDC _MMWR_ASD_prevalence.pdf
- "Study Provides Evidence that Autism Affects Functioning of Entire Brain." National Institutes of Health, Aug. 16, 2006. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/news/releases/autism_affects_brain.cfm? from=autism
- "Technical Report: The Pediatrician's Role in the Diagnosis and Management of Autistic Spectrum Disorder in Children." American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Children with Disabilities. Pediatrics, Vol. 107, No. 5, May 2001.
- Wallis, Claudia. "Inside the Autistic Mind." Time, May 15, 2006. Vol. 167, pgs. 42-48.