Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Can a dog really predict an epileptic seizure?
- Are epileptic seizures more common during a full moon?
- How Your Brain Works
- Brain Quiz
- How Déjà Vu Works
- How Panic Attacks Work
- Why are people's brains different sizes?
- Are teenage brains really different from adult brains?
- Is human brain evolution possible?
- How Strokes Work
- How MRI Works
More Great Links
- Baruchin, Aliyah. "Easing the Seizures, and Stigma, of Epilepsy." New York Times. Feb. 20, 2007. (Aug. 18, 2008) http://health.nytimes.com/ref/health/healthguide/esn-epilepsy-ess.html
- Beers, Mark H., ed. "The Merck Manual of Medical Information. Second Home Edition." Merck Research Laboratories. 2003.
- Devinsky, Orrin. "Epilepsy Patient & Family Guide. Third Edition." Demos Medical Publishing. 2008.
- Judd, Sandra J., ed. "Brain Disorders Sourcebook, Second Edition." Health Reference Series. Omnigraphics. 2005.
- Khamsi, Roxanne. "One in five epilepsy diagnoses may be wrong." New Scientist. June 13, 2006. (Aug. 18, 2008) http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/dn9325-one-in-five-epilepsy-diagnoses-may-be-wrong.html
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke "Curing Epilepsy: The Promise of Research." Oct. 26, 2007. (Aug. 18, 2008) http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/epilepsy/epilepsy_research.htm
- Wilner, Andrew N. "Epilepsy 199 Questions: A Doctor Responds to His Patients' Questions. Third Edition." Demos Medical Publishing. 2008.