Traditional Chinese medicine incorporates powerful herbs into treatments for a variety of health problems. This article details several traditional Chinese medicines that have been formulated to boost overall health by reducing inflammation, strengthening immunity, regulating digestion, fighting insomnia and stress, treating gynecologic disorders, fighting fatigue, and more. Honey, ginseng, Astragalus root, Poria, licorice, and Lycium fruit are just some of the medicinal herbs used in these patent medicines to promote well-being.
You'll learn each medicine's Chinese name, other names, indications, functions, and even dosages. Many of these time-tested medicines are based on traditional formulas that have been used in China for thousands of years.
First, learn about a medicine designed to combat qi deficiency, weak digestion, and fatigue. Get detailed information in the next section of this article.
For more about traditional Chinese medicine, treatments, cures, beliefs, and other interesting topics, see:
- How Traditional Chinese Medicine Works
- How to Treat Common Ailments with Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine for Coughs, Colds, Flu, and Allergies
- Traditional Chinese Medicine for the Digestive System
- Traditional Chinese Medicine for Pain Relief