Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Can you delay dementia?
- How Your Brain Works
- How Alzheimer's Disease Works
- Top Ten Brain Myths
- How Human Memory Works
- How Strokes Work
- Five Rare Neurological Conditions
- Can a study on reversing memory loss lead to new treatments for Alzheimer's?
- How can chronic care management be integrated into home design?
More Great Links
- Agronin, Marc E. "Dementia: A Practical Guide." Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2004.
- Beers, Mark H., ed. "The Merck Manual of Medical Information. Second Home Edition." Merck Research Laboratories. 2003.
- Britt, Robert Roy. "Risk of Death Can Soar When Spouse is Sick." Live Science. Feb. 15, 2006. (Sept. 3, 2008) http://www.livescience.com/health/060215_spouse_death.html
- Judd, Sandra J., ed. "Brain Disorders Sourcebook, Second Edition." Health Reference Series. Omnigraphics. 2005.
- McCurry, Susan M. "When a Family Member Has Dementia." Praeger. 2006.
- Nagourney, Eric. "Troubled Helpers May Set Back Dementia Patients." New York Times. May 30, 2006. (Sept. 3, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/30/health/30agin.html
- Rabins, Peter V. "The Johns Hopkins White Papers: Memory." Johns Hopkins Medicine. 2007.
- Rose, Steven. "The Future of the Brain: The Promise and Perils of Tomorrow's Neuroscience." Oxford University Press. 2005.
- Whitehouse, Peter J. and Daniel George. "The Myth of Alzheimer's." St. Martin's Press. 2008.