About 65 percent of Americans are either obese or overweight, and the CDC has classified obesity as an epidemic, yet recent studies have shown that obese people with chronic diseases have a better chance of survival than normal-weight individuals do.
WHAT'S INSIDE: DIET & FITNESS
HowStuffWorks offers guidance for developing an exercise routine that will help you get in shape and stay healthy. Learn about diet and fitness and get tips from professional trainers.
- Exercise at Work
- Fitness Information
- Personal Training Tips
- Weight Loss
Explore These Topics:
- 5 Ego-Boosting Exercises That Will Make You Look & Feel Gorgeous...Naturally!
- 6 Green Outdoor Activities to Get You in Shape, Even on Vacation
- 11 Ways to Keep Exercise in Proper (Greener) Perspective
- 6 Green Exercises to Get Your Stomach Bikini-Worthy (Without Doing Sit-ups)
- 15-Minute Green Exercise Routine for Beautiful Bikini-Ready Legs
FEATURED: DIET & FITNESS
More To Explore
You Might Also Like
5 Summer Cocktail Recipes Under 200 Calories
Everyone loves cocktails but what about the calories? Get 5 refreshing low-calorie cocktail recipes, from watermelon martinis to skinny mojitos!
11 Ways to Keep Exercise in Proper (Greener) Perspective
Is exercise green? That depends. It can be, but it requires some perspective.